Ramses is a name associated with several Egyptian pharaohs from the New Kingdom period. One of the most famous pharaohs named Ramses is Ramses II, also known as Ramses the Great. Here are some famous quotes attributed to him:
1. "O my divine father Amun-Re, king of gods, unite with me in [my] designs; strengthen my heart and do not fail to exalt me before the common people, and make me thy servant who is praised."
2. "I extended all the frontiers of Egypt; I overthrew those who invaded them from their lands. I am a man who speaks truth."
3. "The happiness of the people, the welfare of every man and the safety of the country depend upon maintaining the throne of Egypt."
4. "I have reared monuments and engraved my name upon my works, in order to have a lasting memory of myself in this land."
5. "I am Ozymandias, king of kings; if anyone wishes to know how great I am and where I lie, let him surpass one of my works."
These quotes provide a glimpse into the aspirations, power, and legacy of Ramses II, one of ancient Egypt's most celebrated pharaohs.
.jpeg)